Creator's Block #47: Process vs. Innovation [Podcast]
By Liz Murphy
Love 'em or hate 'em, processes exist for a reason.
Yes, they may feel restrictive and ho-hum at times, but I think we can all agree that sound processes help organizations -- particularly agencies -- stay on track and ensure sustainability, scalability, and profitability.
But how do you operate in a process-driven ecosystem, while also ensuring you're infusing the right amount of creativity in your work at the right time? Moreover, is there such a thing as too much innovation?
These are the questions we attempted to answer for this week's episode. And along the way, Marcella, Jessie-Lee, and I fell face-first into an interesting discussion (see: "rant") about the misconceptions of how creative professionals operate and create.
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- Can process and innovation co-exist?
- Do we use processes as a crutch when we're not feeling creative?
- How do we ensure we're innovating when we're supposed to be?
- How do others misinterpret the processes we use to create?
- Do we need processes in order to create?
- Can improvements be considered innovations?
- Is pineapple on pizza an abomination?
- How aggressive can Jessie-Lee get about her food opinions?
- And, finally, does Marcella have a candy problem? Judge for yourself...
Resources & Other Links
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator's Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator's Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Jessie-Lee: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...
Wondering where to begin?