Tips for Women to Succeed in a Male-Dominated Industry with Kim Walker [MarketHer Ep. 54]
On this week's episode of MarketHer, we talk to Kim Walker from Shop Marketing Pros about her experience launching a division of her marketing agency that focuses solely on the auto mechanic industry.
If you've ever struggled with taking a seat at the table in a room full of men, this episode is for you!!
Tips for Women Dominating in a Male-Dominated Industry
- Educate yourself: to be respected, you must earn it. Know what you're talking about.
Build your confidence: people are often trampled over, disrespected, and looked down on when they cannot carry themselves with confidence. Being confident will allow you to be perceived differently.
Network & connecting: Get to know people. Do your homework. Know who will be in the room before you get there. This is the key to making connections and utilizing them responsibly.
Be resourceful & helpful: It's one thing to know someone but when you help someone, you'll be more than known. You'll be adored! Givers gain!
Know your purpose/values and stick to them: Know who you are. If you don't know - learn. Read a book, take a class, get some counseling, pray. Just find out what's important to you. Allow your thoughts, words, and actions to be based on your core values.
- Kim is mentioned here
- Article about their 'comeback': " When Creative Storytelling Collided With Destruction"
- Kim was one of the first women on the AskPatty.com Automotive Advice for Women by Women Advisory Panel
- She was a guest on the Remarkable Results Podcast (an automotive industry based and highly respected podcast). I am a StoryBrand Certified Guide - so this podcast was focused on that discussion.
- In another Remarkable Results podcast, Carm and Kim just had a discussion about social media tips for shops.
- Our website (specifically the "meet your guides" section with more about Kim and her husband)
Want to be a guest on an upcoming episode? Be sure to fill out our form -- we'd LOVE to chat with you!
Join us in our Facebook MarketHer Group to continue talking about opportunity!
PS - we need a new tag line! Have any ideas? Post them to our group page!
As always, if you have some tips, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will share it on our Facebook page!!
Listen to the Episode on iTunes
Stay Connected, Get Engaged!
First, subscribe to MarketHer on iTunes.
Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know by commenting below, subscribe to our playlist on YouTube, connect with us directly on our channels below, or send us an email.
Angela: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
Kate: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
[NEW] MarketHer Official: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (also Snapchat IMPACTMarketHer)
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...
We Listened, You Heard, Now, Go MarketHER!
Wondering where to begin?