7. 49% of corporate reputation is attributed to how people view the CEO. A little social media can go a long way.(Source: Magnet Media Labs)
8. Half of consumers believe that CEOs who don't use social media will get out of touch with customers.(Source: Magnet Media Labs)
9. 8 in 10 consumers say they're more likely to trust a company whose CEO and team engage in social media. (Source: Magnet Media Labs)
10. 81% of employees consider social CEOs better leaders. (Source: Magnet Media Labs)
11. 93% of consumers believe that CEO engagement on social media helps communicate company values, shape a company's reputation, and grow and evolve corporate leadership in times of crisis. (Source: Magnet Media Labs)
12. 43 percent of executives with socially active CEOs labeled their company’s leader as inspiring compared to only 26 percent of the executives with CEOs not using social media. (Source: Weber Shandwick)
75% say it gives the company a human face or personality.
75% say it's a good way for the CEO to communicate with employees.
75% say it helps the CEO build good relationships with news media.
73% say it gives more employees a chance to communicate directly with the CEO.
70% say it has a positive impact on business results.
64% say it helps find and attract new customers.
64% say it gives the company a competitive edge.
14. 61% of executives with socially active CEOs believed that their CEO’s social media activity enabled their company’s leader to be more effective in managing a crisis. (Source: Weber Shandwick)
15. 70% of Fortune 500 CEOs don't have a profile on any social network. (Source: CEO.com)
16. Out of the 30% that do have social profiles (Source: Reuters):
5 of the 19 CEOs on Twitter have never tweeted, and other accounts are “underutilized”
25 of the 38 CEOs on Facebook have less than 100 friends
Only 4 CEOs are on Google+
Not a single Fortune 500 CEO is on Pinterest
17. CEO’s who use social media are viewed as better communicators, more open and accessible, and more inspirational than CEO’s who don’t. (Source: Weber Shandwick)
18. 76% of all executives believe it is a good idea for CEO’s to be social. (Source: Weber Shandwick)
Want to learn more about digital sales and marketing?
Master digital sales and marketing when you join IMPACT+ for FREE. Gain instant access to exclusive courses and keynotes taught by Marcus Sheridan, Brian Halligan, Liz Moorehead, Ann Handley, David Cancel, Carina Duffy, Zach Basner, and more.