12 best HubSpot training options and resources for teams
By Genna Lepore
Best HubSpot training options and resources
- HubSpot Academy
- HubSpot user groups
- HubSpot-owned podcasts
- The Hubcast (podcast)
- Sproket Talk (podcast)
- HubSpot user Slack channel
- HubSpot Agency Partner Slack team
- HubSpot Community forum
- LinkedIn Learning Center
- IMPACT HubSpot onboarding, workshops, and consulting
- HubSpot classroom training
As a HubSpot alumna, I often remind prospects and clients that HubSpot is a SaaS company.
While HubSpot offers onboarding solutions, group coaching, and troubleshooting, at its core, HubSpot is a SaaS company that focuses on perfecting a multi-purpose sales, service, and marketing platform.
Its bread and butter is its software. The company is made up of engineers, salespeople, and technologists.
In other words, HubSpot isn’t in the consulting and coaching business.
So what does that mean for you?
Traditionally, those who are seeking to be better educated and trained on HubSpot fall into one of the following three buckets:
- Net new HubSpot users looking for help on-boarding
- Inherited HubSpot users that have a mess of data and processes to clean up
- HubSpot legacy users that aren’t seeing ROI
Regardless of which persona you relate with, one thing is for certain, the tool is evolving at a rapid pace.
It’s not easy to keep up with all of the new features — and how to harmoniously tie them into your business.
Sure, HubSpot can help users customize their portal structure during onboarding, and troubleshoot feature problems throughout the engagement, but have you ever noticed how many non-HubSpot-generated training and resource options are available in the marketplace?
Why do you think this is?
Because the platform is ever-changing, it requires users to invest in ongoing education, maintenance, and training to support and to effectively utilize such a robust suite of tools.
The question then becomes: What resources should you turn to for the best HubSpot training and support?
My answer is: It all depends on what type of user you are and what success looks like to your organization.
What type of HubSpot user are you?
If you’re the type of user that excels in self-taught environments, below is a list of 10 free resources just for you.
If you prefer more of a hands-on, interactive learning structure, I also included two paid options that offer customized HubSpot training.
Regardless of how you like to learn, I encourage you to dive into these resources!
The knowledge shared is invaluable, and it’s sure to keep you ahead of the curve.
Free HubSpot training resources
- HubSpot Academy
- The place to go to get free, online training and HubSpot certifications.
- This is a great resource for all team members to get on the same page with HubSpot functionality and comprehensive training on how to take your business skills to the next level.
- This is IMPACT's online training library of digital marketing courses
- We have a variety of free HubSpot training courses including Marketing Automation Mastery (with HubSpot Workflows), but also several paid (more on that below).
- HubSpot User Groups
- Also known as HUGS, these free local quarterly meetups are available to all HubSpot users.
- This is a great way to learn how local users are taking advantage of HubSpot and help you master all things strategy and software. There are over 150 HUGs globally, and they are typically run by a HubSpot Partner Agency. Each meeting has a specific sales, marketing, or service-related topic that is presented by a HubSpot or subject matter expert. Use HUGs as an opportunity to get some free in-person training, as well as network with local like-minded users.
- HubSpot-owned podcasts go beyond HubSpot-specific topics, but each episode boasts an orange twist. Each podcast is hosted by a HubSpot employee and covers a plethora of relevant and thought-provoking business topics, such as how to effectively grow and scale a business, what it takes to stay fresh in the evolving inbound marketing landscape, or building an incredible company culture of inclusion and equality. Be sure and check them out!
- The Hubcast — This fun and often dope podcast run by fellow IMPACT-er, Carina Duff y features a slew of guests diving into all of the intricacies HubSpot has to offer! Carina’s HubSpot knowledge is deep, and I’m not just saying this because I know her. Check it out if you want to nerd out on HubSpot with her!
- Sprocket Talk — George B. Thomas promises a HubSpot Academy-like experience that won’t put you to sleep. With two to three new episodes a week, Sprocket Talk walks you through educational tutorials across the entire tool.
- HubShots — Global HubSpot users, this is the podcast for you. The two co-hosts, whose audience is spread across Asia, created this Podcast for all sales and marketing professionals using HubSpot or considering using HubSpot. I love their global take on how to best leverage HubSpot!
- HubSpot User Slack
- Want access to an instant message HubSpot forum? Then this is for you. This Slack channel was created for all HubSpot users to communicate instantly. I’m not sure of a better way to get the answers you need from your peers in real-time.
- HubSpot agency partner Slack team
- A community exclusive to HubSpot partners — where you can share best practices and resources, and learn from one another live on Slack!
- HubSpot Community
- A forum that enables you to search previously posted questions and answers, or ask the community a question of your own. The users are usually super responsive — it also helps that HubSpot owns and monitors the community for accuracy.
- An annual Boston-based conference where thousands of marketing and sales professionals from around the globe unite. It features 250+ speakers, interactive sessions and nightly parties. If you use HubSpot, this is the networking event to be at.
- LinkedIn Learning Center
- I didn’t know this existed until today and boy am I glad I found it! There are over 100 online courses across a variety of software subject matters that you can take to challenge your skillset. Think bigger picture — this is less product functionality and more of “how can I apply this to my business strategy and goals.”
Paid HubSpot training resources
- IMPACT HubSpot on-boarding, workshops and consulting
- Warning, shameless plug to follow… If you’re looking for a model that teaches your sales and marketing teams how to be proficient in HubSpot, drop me a line;) If you’re looking for a hybrid model where we teach and implement at the same time, we can also help! Our team of HubSpot consultants knows the tool from top to bottom. We structure all of our training and curriculum to meet you where you’re at and ensure you’re getting the best value out of HubSpot. We also offer onsite workshops if you want to take your team from 0 to 100 proficiency. Whatever you need, we will create the right program for you.
- HubSpot classroom training
- In-person, HubSpot-led trainings that are local to you! If you’re looking for help with overcoming a business challenge with HubSpot software, then this is for you. HubSpot also offers private onsite training for teams, where pricing is based on the number of participants attending the session.
- Our paid digital marketing courses is ever-expanding and currently includes Fundamentals of ROI Reporting in HubSpot
I practice what I preach
One thing I forgot to mention…
I also use HubSpot for my side hustle, The Ocean Rx. Before you jump to conclusions, let me be the first to say that I didn’t choose to use HubSpot for my business simply because I’m a HubSpot alumna.
In full candor, I chose HubsSpot because it was built to be a user-friendly tool, and I firmly believe it is one of the most intuitive sales and marketing platforms around.
That said, even as a power user, I learn something new about the intricacies of HubSpot every day.
I find the resources above to be critical to keeping me sharp on all the things HubSpot has to offer. I truly hope you do too!
Wondering where to begin?