Measuring success is a key component to any sales transformation initiative. If you begin a sales initiative without setting organizational priorities and accountability, you’ll struggle to create lasting impact.
Ensure measurable results.
Develop an organizational mindset that influences the design, development, delivery and reinforcement of your sales initiative.
Here are twelve ways to set your sales organization up for sales initiative success and drive true transformation.
1. Executive participation in workshops and status meeting
Executive leadership sets the priority of the initiative. Their participation up-front is critical.
2. Key resources freed up to participate in work sessions
If your work sessions are comprised of people who are constantly pulled into other things, your workshops will be time wasted. Make sure everyone involved has the time carved out to actively participate.
3. Timely review and approval of deliverables
You don’t want lax deadlines to delay a major initiative. Set deadlines and make sure your people stick to them.
4. Timely completion of milestones
Milestones are set for a reason. See number 3.
5. Managers inspect and coach behaviors learned during training
Reinforcement is critical to driving lasting change. Make sure your managers are equipped to reinforce and inspect new methodologies.
6. Managers communicate success stories
Sharing best practices will inspire others to follow course.
7. Managers use the language of the methodology
Speaking the same language drives consistency and reinforces new ideas.
Make sure your teams are clear on what you expect. Define the “Ask” and then make sure it’s effectively communicated.
10. Desired behaviors are built into talent management practices
Define the behaviors that will drive the initiative’s success. Then, inspect them and build them into your reviews.
11. Mechanisms are established to measure desired vs. actual results
Anecdotal success stories are effective in motivating your team, but hard numbers will help you determine if you are driving true transformation. Set up scorecards that help you benchmark actual results.
12. Success measures are reported during Quarterly Business Reviews
If you want to drive lasting results, you need to actively measure success. Define measures to add into your QBRs.
Want to learn more about digital sales and marketing?
Master digital sales and marketing when you join IMPACT+ for FREE. Gain instant access to exclusive courses and keynotes taught by Marcus Sheridan, Brian Halligan, Liz Moorehead, Ann Handley, David Cancel, Carina Duffy, Zach Basner, and more.