In order to be successful, there's one thing that every level within a company needs.
It's what drives us to take risks and explore different avenues.
It's what challenges us to think outside the box and differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
It pushes businesses forward, and without it, well, we'd all be a little worse off.
Free Guide: The Ultimate Inbound Marketing Strategy Playbook 2022
That one thing is creativity. The ability to transcend the status quo.
With more businesses blogging, tweeting, creating offers, developing apps, and innovating the way in which we consume information, your business won't stand a chance without it.
So we pulled our favorite quotes from creative interviews conducted by the good people at The Great Discontent to help inspire your team. If you're not familiar with them, you can check out the full interviews here(they're awesome.)
25 tweetable tips from 25 creative minds:
1. “I don’t believe you can be satisfied and creative at once.” - Molly Crabapple (artist, illustrator, writer) [Tweet this]
2. "Don’t beat yourself up too much for what’s not perfect; beat yourself up just enough to make the next thing better.” - Kevin Allison (comedian, entrepreneur, writer)[Tweet this]
3. "Work your ass off. It’s not going to be easy and you’re going to hear ‘no’ a lot." - Sara Blake (artist, designer, illustrator) [Tweet this]
4. "The mindset that you need to be somewhere to do something is a self-imposed limitation." - Justin Maller (artist, designer, illustrator) [Tweet this]
5. "One thing that I’m good at is not thinking too much. If I did that, nothing would ever happen.” - Joshua Davis (artist, designer, programmer) [Tweet this]
6. “Sometimes all you have to do is be thoughtful and make a little more effort than what is expected in order to stand out." - Shyama Golden (artist, designer, illustrator)[Tweet this]
7. "I don’t approach creativity as being a search for satisfaction because it’s a continuing exploration." - John Gall (artist, designer, educator) [Tweet this]
8. "The idea is that your creative life is your life—it’s not separate." - Paul Sahrel (designer, illustator) [Tweet this]
9. "Creative satisfaction is like the first sip of a cold beer." - Timothy Goodman (designer, illustator)[Tweet this]
10. "Work your ass off; be persistent; stay curious; challenge yourself; and most importantly, have a lot of fun.” - Jessica Walsh (designer, illustator) [Tweet this]
11. "The more open you are to people, the more it will show, and the more others will identify with your work.” - Malika Favre (designer, illustator) [Tweet this]
12. “Sometimes your limitations can be a launching pad into an unexpected story.” - Dana Tanamachi (designer, illustator, typographer) [Tweet this]
13. “Believe in side projects…I would never hire anyone who doesn’t have side projects." - Tina Roth Eisenberg (entrepreneur, designer) [Tweet this]
14. "The world needs more of your voice, not your attempt at someone else’s voice.” - Rosie Thomas (musician, songwriter) [Tweet this]
15. "Someone told me that everyone who makes a backup plan usually ends up doing it instead of following their dreams." - Noah Gunderson (musician, songwriter) [Tweet this]
16. "Someone told me that everyone who makes a backup plan usually ends up doing it instead of following their dreams." - Michael Cina (artist, designer, typographer)[Tweet this]
17. “I’m really motivated by progress and always want to feel like I’m evolving. I get restless if I feel too comfortable.” - Yesenia Perez-Cruz (designer, writer)[Tweet this]
18. "I think it’s most important to take on new challenges that make you uncomfortable.” - Jacqui Oakley (illustrator, typographer)[Tweet this]
19. "I want to feel something that gets my heart beating." - Elliot Rausch (director, filmmaker)[Tweet this]
20. "Treating your passion as an actual business from the beginning is a good habit to get into." - Elizabeth Weinberg (photographer)[Tweet this]
21. "The moment you stop pushing is when you give up and then you’ll never know what could have been.” - Ike Edeani (photographer)[Tweet this]
22. “Creativity is like a muscle and you need to exercise it constantly.” - Jason Santa Maria (designer, developer)[Tweet this]
23. "You get creative when you don’t have another option." - Steven Taylor (photographer)[Tweet this]
24. "The more personality I put into my work, the more people respond to it." - Jon Contino (designer, illustrator)[Tweet this]
25. "The worst insult I could ever suffer is to be frivolous or make something that isn’t helpful."- Liz Danzico (designer, editor, educator, writer)[Tweet this]