Associate Director of Content, Strategized Initiatives That Increased IMPACT’s Website Traffic From ~45K to ~400K
June 18th, 2016
Dads almost always give the best advice.
Whether it’s about a bully on the playground, what college to go to, or what to do with your life, it’s not uncommon to go running to your father for guidance when it comes to matters of the head or heart.
So, why should it be any different in marketing?
As students of the ever-changing marketing world, we’re taught to look forward for the next big trend or game-changing strategy, however, it’s just as important to look back and learn from the great marketers that came before us.
With that in mind (and in honor of Father’s Day) here are 15 genius quotes from three of the “fathers” of modern marketing: Philip Kotler, David Ogilvy, and Seth Godin.
1. “The future isn’t ahead of us. It has already happened.” - Philip Kotler [Tweet this]
2. “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories, and magic.” - Seth Godin [Tweet this]
3. “If you’re trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language they use every day, the language in which they think.” - David Ogilvy [Tweet this]
4. “Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person.” - Seth Godin [Tweet this]
5. “Marketing is not the art of finding clever ways to dispose of what you make. It is the art of creating genuine customer value.” - Philip Kotler[Tweet this]
6. “The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible.” - David Ogilvy [Tweet this]
7. “The best way to be missed when you're gone is to stand for something when you're here.” - Seth Godin[Tweet this]
8. “The best advertising is done by satisfied customers.” - Philip Kotler [Tweet this]
9. "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."- Seth Godin [Tweet this]
10. “It is no longer enough to satisfy your customers. You must delight them.” - Philip Kotler [Tweet this]
11. "You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself." - Seth Godin [Tweet this]
12. “The more informative your advertising, the more persuasive it will be.” - David Ogilvy [Tweet this]