How to Effectively Run a Profitable Inbound Marketing Campaign
Do you have what it takes to run a profitable inbound marketing campaign?
If you don't have the right habits, you won't be able to keep your campaign afloat.
If you aren't effectively running your inbound marketing campaign, you can be sending your prospects the wrong message.
Inbound marketing isn't something you can start and then just forget about it. You need to continuously update and connect with your audience.
Good Inbound Marketing Habits
A successful Inbound Marketer is both adaptive and also a creature of habit. To run a successful (and profitable) Inbound Marketing campaign, you need to develop an efficient routine and series of practices and work to consistently maintain them, however, you must also work to make adjustments on the fly when necessary in order to continually stay on track with KPIs (key performance indicators.)
Good inbound marketing habits include daily tweeting, creating quality content, interacting with your audience, viewing and sharing content of other industry leaders, and promptly releasing company news, but you also need to look at the bigger picture.
Make a difference by integrating these general habits into your daily routine:
- Actively Listen – In order to foster loyalty and gain the trust of your target audience, listen. Read their comments and complaints on social media or their views on blog articles. What are their grievances? What do they think about your brand? Pay attention to what’s being said about your brand and industry on a daily basis and you can be proactive.
- Try New Things – Experiment with different types of content delivery, tackle an unconventional topic. Variety is the spice of life and it will not only diversify your portfolio, but catch your audience by surprise.
- Share – Share your work as well as the work of others. If it’s relevant and worthwhile, pass it on.
- Provide Value – Leverage your expertise and offer something of quality to your audience. Give them something that educates and entertains that others cannot.
- Measure – Track and measure the results of your efforts; how many downloads, views, shares. Where did they come from? Look at your social analytics, web analytics, ROI, and conversion rates on a daily basis.
Never Letting Your Campaign Go Dark
While all important in their own right, all of these good habits have one common goal in mind – Never letting your campaign go black.
You never want customers to stop “talking” about you. As a good inbound marketer you need to be constantly putting out new and resourceful content to engage your audience. It’s all about being consistent and regular. If all of a sudden you stop releasing content and disappear, so does all of the momentum that you have gained so far.
Leaving your website static for a long period of time will cause your traffic to dip and your number of leads to diminish in response. Also, when you “go black,” any SEO growth you have already made will be reversed and you will quickly see a lull in sales.
Your campaign is like a celebrity. When they are consistently in the spotlight they gain a certain reputation and relevance, but if they fade away for an extended period, new competition is given the opportunity to come in and replace them and their public persona diminishes.
Trying to make a comeback is not impossible, but it becomes increasingly difficult. Stay on top of your good habits and campaigns and you’ll always be on the A-list.
Thinking About Investing in Inbound Marketing?
Check out our newest Ebook! You will learn everything you need to know in order to make a smarter, more successful investment with inbound marketing and get the results you need.
Wondering where to begin?