Associate Director of Content, Strategized Initiatives That Increased IMPACT’s Website Traffic From ~45K to ~400K
April 9th, 2015
Happy #CRODay, everyone!
In honor of the cyber festivities, I’ve put together some words of wisdom from the industry’s most renowned conversion rate optimization experts to help inspire your marketing efforts and get you in the CRO spirit.
1. “Learn to love the data and, for Heaven's sake, write well." - Ian Lurie [Tweet it!]
2. “I don’t care much for Best Practice -- I care about conversions. That’s why I test” - Michael Aagaard [Tweet it!]
3. "Take a hiatus from being 'creative' and look at your website like a lab, not an easel” - Joanna Wiebe [Tweet it!]
4. “[T]he best design isn’t the one that [just] makes your company look cool and edgy and sophisticated. It’s the design that supports conversion, has room for cool copy, and power calls-to action that make people click the big orange button” - Brian Massey [Tweet it!]
5. "Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” - Richard Branson [Tweet it!]
6. “Start testing and stop arguing” - Jon Correll [Tweet it!]
7. “We listen to our gut, then test what it says. We create best practices, then test them. We listen to opinions, then we text them. We hear the advice of experts, then test it.” - Chris Goward [Tweet it!]
8. “Never let your campaign write checks that you website can’t cash” - Avinash Kaushik [Tweet it!]
9. “In five years, marketers will be prized for their insight, not their creativity.” - Brian Massey [Tweet it!]
10. “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.” - Ramsay Leimenstoll [Tweet it!]
11. “The next time someone tells you bad design converts better than good design, punch them in the face.” - Peep Laja [Tweet it!]
12. “The best thing about a failed A/B test is that it kicks you in the crotch, reddens your cheeks, and make you try harder next time” - Oli Gardner [Tweet it!]
13. “Marketing isn’t magic. There is a science to it” - Dan Zarrella [Tweet it!]
15. “The next time you hear a...myth, question it. Ask for the proof, and ask out loud” - Dan Zarrella [Tweet it!]
16. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” - Bill Gates [Tweet it!]
17. “Measurement is like laundry. It piles up the longer you wait to do it.” - Amber Naslund [Tweet it!]
18. “Never stop testing, and your advertising will never stop improving.” - David Oglivy [Tweet it!]
Want to learn more about digital sales and marketing?
Master digital sales and marketing when you join IMPACT+ for FREE. Gain instant access to exclusive courses and keynotes taught by Marcus Sheridan, Brian Halligan, Liz Moorehead, Ann Handley, David Cancel, Carina Duffy, Zach Basner, and more.