Creative Lead, 7+ Years of Web Design and Development Experience
March 9th, 2016
Strategizing your website redesign can quickly turn into quite the headache when you begin analyzing all the moving parts that go into making it perfect.
Once this happens, we will tend to flock to Google, looking for answers to questions like “what’s the best icon design for your services page” or “what content works best for your about pages”?
For some of these questions, Google helps, but for others, we sometimes just need a little wisdom to propel our questions towards a logical solution.
Designing a delightful and wonderful user experience is a key component to creating and ideal customer experience. While a detailed checklist of your redesign strategy is the key to getting your project done, sometimes a few nuggets of knowledge can help you break through your rough spots.
So without further adieu, here are 30 inspirational quotes from some of the most brilliant minds around for you, your friends, and team members.
30 UX Quotes to Get You Inspired About Your Redesign
1. “People’s behavior makes sense if you think about it in terms of their goals, needs, and motives.” - Thomas Mann [Tweet This]
2. “If the user can’t find it, it doesn’t exist.”- HFI button [Tweet This]
4. “Like all forms of design, visual design is about problem-solving, not about personal preference or unsupported opinion.” - Bob Baxley [Tweet This]
5. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” - Steve Jobs [Tweet This]
6. “Just how do I design if not with prototyping? An excellent question. The short answer is ‘on paper’.” - Alan Cooper [Tweet This]
7. “To simplify complications is the first essential of success.” - George Earle Buckle [Tweet This]
8. “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” - Douglas Adams [Tweet This]
9. “A well-designed and humane interface does not need to be split into beginner and expert subsystems.” -Jef Raskin [Tweet This]
10. “Design based on data brings us back to the essence of design and will leave out all unnecessary decoration.” -Jeanne de Bont [Tweet This]
11. “Want your users to fall in love with your designs? Fall in love with your users.”- Dana Chisnell [TweetThis]
12. “If I can’t picture it, I can’t understand it.” -Albert Einstein [Tweet This]
13. “Supposing is good, but finding out is better.” -Mark Twain [Tweet This]
14. “Typography exists to honor content.” -Robert Bringhurst [Tweet This]
15. “To design is to communicate clearly by whatever means you can control or master.” - Milton Glaser [Tweet This]
16. “There is nothing more dangerous than standing still in a world that is changing.” – French President, Jacques Chirac [Tweet This]
17. “A bad website is like a grumpy salesperson.” – Jakob Nielsen [Tweet This]
18. “The significant problems we have cannot be solved with the thinking used to create them.” - Albert Einstein [Tweet This]
19. “People need to know more than what a piece of information means. They also need to know how the information matters.” - @jseelybrown and Paul Duguid [Tweet This]
20. “Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple.” - Albert Einstein [Tweet This]
21. “You can use an eraser on the drafting table or a sledgehammer on the construction site.” – Frank Lloyd Wright [Tweet This]
22. “A great brand experience is one that is not only personal, but that makes people individually indispensable to the result.” - Brian Collins [Tweet This]
23. “Customer engagement is thinking and acting as customers do: as a series of interrelated interactions that, together, create their ‘customer experience’.” - Craig McCulloch [Tweet This]
24. “At the end of the day is how the user remembers the experience. Focus on key experiences.” - Shawn Borsky [Tweet This]
25. “The frontier of user experience is organizational.” - Peter Merholz [Tweet This]
26. “Structure first. Content always.” - Mark Boulton [Tweet This]
27. “Design isn’t just wireframes or visual style; it’s about the product as a whole.” - Sahil Lavingia [Tweet This]
28. “Design is not art. It is about crafting solutions to real issues.” - Mark Boulton [Tweet This]
29. “The way to earn consumer loyalty and competitive advantage is to deliver the most satisfying experience.” - Curt Collinsworth [Tweet This]
30. “Good UI design gives users a comprehensible sense of power that consistently helps them feel in control.” - Jim Nielsen [Tweet This]
Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading
Watch Liz Moorehead’s opening keynote from the Website Optimization Summit, FREE on-demand inside IMPACT+. Learn how you may be unwittingly undermining the money-making potential of your website and how to fix it!
Here Are Some Related Articles You May Find Interesting