With SEO changes occur so rapidly that it's often time hard to separate what you should be doing and what you should be dropping. With that said, last year's SEO strategy simply isn't going to cut it.
While your boss may be apprehensive about your "newfangled" strategies, it's important that you have the insight to back up your efforts. After all, if you keep up that spammy link building, you're putting yourself at risk of dropping out of search engine results pages entirely.
Sounds counterproductive? That's because it is.
When it comes time to loop in your boss, make sure your focused on dissecting your analytics, researching keywords that align with your ideal audience's needs, and creating content that provides value.
As we mentioned before, SEO is ever changing, making it equally as important to know not only what to do now, but also what to anticipate for the future.
Staying a head of the curve and keeping tabs of emerging trends will make it easier to pivot your SEO strategy accordingly and minimize the hassle.
To help make this even more digestible, we sorted through the infographic and pulled the top 8 most important takeaways below:
1) Create high-quality content that is relevant, engaging, and targeted to your ideal audience's needs.
2) Social signals was noted as second only to content as a top ranking factor for search.
3) In 2015, website security will become an important search ranking factor.
4) By next year, there will be as much as 50 billion local searches using mobile devices.
5) In 2015, conversational search will become increasingly important as asking questions aloud through browsers becomes more popular.
6) Businesses should be focused on earning brand mentions to increase credible link building.
7) Rich text that includes visuals will be given priority in SERPs over web pages that contain just text.
8) In 2015, the focus will no longer be on mere keywords, but rather more important elements that impact ROI.
Want more answers to your most common SEO questions?
Check out the free guide below. Simply fill out the form and it's all yours.
Want to learn more about digital sales and marketing?
Master digital sales and marketing when you join IMPACT+ for FREE. Gain instant access to exclusive courses and keynotes taught by Marcus Sheridan, Brian Halligan, Liz Moorehead, Ann Handley, David Cancel, Carina Duffy, Zach Basner, and more.
Here Are Some Related Articles You May Find Interesting