20 Google+ Statistics That Will Have You Jumping on the Bandwagon
By Dan Baum
As one of the newest social media networks, Google+ has really given itself a name as the fastest growing social network of all time. With great features like hangouts, circles, and photo sharing, Google+ combines the openness of Twitter with the privacy of Facebook. And for businesses, it's another great way to connect with your customers.
But because it's so new, it's hard to distinguish whether or not joining Google+ would be beneficial to companies! This list of 20 Google+ statistics shows some of the amazing qualities that Google+ has to offer! So the next time you need to convince your boss or coworker that Google+ is a must for business, back up your pitch with some hard data!
Looking to learn more about creating your Google+ business page? Give us a call at IMPACT and learn how we can help!
20 Google+ Statistics to Make You Jump on the Bandwagon
1) As of April 2012, Google reports that Google+ now has 170 million active users. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
2) Over 125 million users log in to Google+ every day. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
3) Active users spend about 12 minutes a day on Google+. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
4) Google+ attracted 20 million users within the first 3 weeks of its launch. (Source: comScore) Tweet This!
5) More users are using the network via mobile than the desktop. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
6) New features or updates were released almost everyday (except one day) for the last 365 days. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
7) American users spent an average of 3.3 minutes at a time on Google+. (Source: eMarketer) Tweet This!
8) Google+ is fastest growing social network of all time. (Source: Google) Tweet This!
9) 31.49% of Americans are on Google+. (Source: Website Monitoring) Tweet This!
10) Google+ accounted for .22% of referral traffic, falling from .24%. (Source: Shareaholic) Tweet This!
11) 20% of Google+ users are students. (Source: Website Monitoring) Tweet This!
12) 67% of Google+ users are male. (Source: Website Monitoring) Tweet This!
13) Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button. (Source: HubSpot) Tweet This!
14) The +1 button is used almost 5 billion times daily. (Source: Website Monitoring) Tweet This!
15) There are over 1 million businesses on Google+. (Source: TekMark) Tweet This!
16) Two of the biggest user groups on Google+ are college students and software developers. (Source: Remcolandia) Tweet This!
17) Google+ had a growth rate of 821% between its launch on June 28th 2011 and July 2nd 2011. (Source: Mashable) Tweet This!
18) 13.69% of Google+ users are from India. (Source: Website Monitoring) Tweet This!
19) Over 40% of marketers report that Google+ is "useful to critical" for their business. (Source: HubSpot) Tweet This!
20) Google+ is expected to attract 400 million users by the end of 2012. (Source: Remcolandia) Tweet This!
Any Google+ experts out there? Which of these is the most shocking?
Wondering where to begin?