"INBOUND Sneak Peek:" The IMPACT Show Ep. 20 [Show Notes]
What INBOUND sessions are you excited to see?
This year, we have four team members taking the stage to talk about what they do best. So, in this week's episode of The IMPACT Show, Bob and Nick decided to give you a sneak peek at their INBOUND sessions, and capture your feedback to make them even better. They also discussed whether or not cookies are dying and the Motion AI acquisition HubSpot recently made.
Just in case you missed us live (or if you want to relive the magic), you’ll find the episode’s show notes below as well as the recording.
Enjoy and make sure to share with your peers!
Like what you saw? Make sure to subscribe for email reminders and give us a review on iTunes.
Have feedback or questions? We’d love to hear it. Comment on this blog or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We mixed up the show a little bit this week, and we're going to be focusing on some big INBOUND updates as well as a ton of industry news that was released this week.
Digital Marketing News
Where each week, we share one thing from the world of digital marketing that caught their eye and found interesting to share.
Visit the IMPACT Booth in Club INBOUND
- Website Throwdown is where users submit their websites and we critique them based on how to improve for users, how to create a better journey, how to improve conversions, how to make your site function better, and we also talk about best practices and our experiences. They're valuable sessions that help people improve their websites.
- Learn how to 10x the performance of your website + all participants get prizes
- We're giving away a $500 Amazon gift card and a free website redesign
- Last year's website redesign winner won an IMPACT awards at IMPACT Live for best website redesign
- Excited to announce that we have three more guests that will be joining us at our booth: Ryan Deiss and Justin Rondeau from Digital Marketer, and superstar, Stephanie Casstevens.
- Also, we'll be going on the road and filming next week's episode from INBOUND!
iOS11 Increasing Need for Cookie-less Tracking
What is a cookie: A small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing.
- Designed to be a reliable mechanism for:
- websites to remember stateful information (such as items added to the shopping cart in an online store)
- or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past).
- or to remember information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers. (from Wikipedia)
Now, according to an article from Martech Today: iOS 11 will accelerate the need for cookie-less tracking by Joe Sabol
- With the iOS 11 mobile operating system, Apple is looking to kill the cookie. Contributor Joe Sabol says advertisers need to face the new mobile reality and devise a post-cookie ad strategy.
- “The mobile era, according to Apple, is also not about advertising as much as it is about speed, UX (user experience) and secure commerce, all the reasons why consumers might buy and continue to buy Apple.”
As a marketer...
- That means the time is now to truly contemplate a post-cookie advertising strategy.
- There are ways track without cookies, for example, by leveraging non-cookie signals such as device, operating system, browser, IP address, and several other factors. Taken together, those non-cookie factors can identify a user with the accuracy comparable or superior to the cookie itself.
HubSpot's Acquiring Motion AI
- AI is the future and it's coming on fast. HubSpot is helping their customers by adding this to their company.
- The firm has the software that will allow you to program bots.
- HubSpot also has a page all about bots and if you have the free HubSpot CRM, the bot application can be free to you. (A powerful move by HubSpot.)
- Read More
Main Topic: “INBOUND Sneak Peek”
Bob's Session: People Need to See Their Future at [Your Company Here]
The premise of Bob's session is around the 7 things we did that helped us recruit the best people, keep our top talent, and dramatically improve our agency's performance.
- Who is this session for: obviously any of the leaders or managers at an organization that are trying to bring on great talent, but it's also for marketers at a company and they may not be happy / fully satisfied and they need to be thinking about what type of company would be best for you and how you could bring that back to your leadership team.
- In 2015, we lost 21 employees and 19 clients all in the span of 7 months. And, because of that, we came to the realization that people need to see their future at IMPACT. Not a stepping stone to their career after IMPACT.
- Step 1: Define the Vision
- Take any time period and write out what your organization will look like by the end of that time period (employee count, revenue, etc).
- Not only did we document our vision, but we got feedback from everyone in the company.
- Included in our 3-year vision
- More thought leaders in the company than just the CEO
- Hold our own annual marketing event
- Above average compensation
- Best Place to Work
- Recognized as "The Best Agency"
- In the rest of Bob's Session at INBOUND, he will share:
- The 6 other things we did to attract and retain top talent
- Our status on accomplishing the vision
- The resources that helped Bob the most
- A free tool you can use at your company
Nick's Session: 5 Secrets Marketers Wish They Had Known the First Time Around
- Disclaimer: this is Nick's opinion, not HubSpot's or IMPACT's
- Nick started as a HubSpot customer, 7 years ago Nick was at a company that was struggling to get more business when he discovered HubSpot.
- And, they struggled. Stuff was harder than they thought.
- Nick later worked at HubSpot, and joined their HubSpot Academy team and helped train those who were first getting started with HubSpot.
- Struggles that Nick has heard while helping people get started with HubSpot
- Project management is non-existent
- Not enough time or not enough know-how to get it all done
- You feel isolated and on your own
- Little to no interaction with your content, internally and externally
- Your meetings about ROI are non-productive or non-existent
- You're starting to question why you're doing this in the first place
- Your struggles might be milestones towards success
- If you feel like you're treading water, or if you're losing ground, stick with it and you can be successful.
We would love your comments! Feel free to send us an email or comment on the Facebook thread.
If you really liked it, please give us a 5-star review on iTunes. Review offer: We have a special price for the first 10 people to leave us reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars). After you do, send us an email at email@example.com so we know it’s all set.
Join Us Next Week, Live at INBOUND!
We'll be back again next Thursday, September 28th at 1:00 PM ET. Want to get reminded? Drop us your name and email address below and we’ll make sure you’re notified before the broadcast every Thursday!
Wondering where to begin?