Our purpose is to create heroes, grow businesses, and change lives.
IMPACT teaches business leaders how to build high-performing teams that achieve extraordinary digital sales and marketing results through coaching, online training, and in-person experiences. We look forward to joining you on your journey to becoming a hero for your own company.
Talent & Office Manager, 7+ Years of Logistics and New Hire Management
September 28th, 2013
Whether you're a marketing professional or you're just starting out, a little advice can go a long way. It's almost like having a mentor right by your side.
Those days where you're frustrated and aren't sure why nothing is going right, the right advice can cheer you and inspire you.
I don't know about you, but a simple saying can make a huge difference. It can be something that you've seen or heard months even years ago but it sticks with you.
A quote can even be a great way to re-assure what you're doing is actually making a difference. As marketers we can hope that our audience and consumers no longer cringe when the see or hear a marketing message. They actually love them, because we are creating marketing people love. "Great marketing makes your customers and fans feel like part of something exceptional."
Who knows, one quote can inspire your company to rise above the rest. It helps you develop this deeper connection with your audience. Sometimes the quote doesn't even have to come from someone in this decade. You might even be inspired by Henry Ford and Bill Cosby.
A great quote can go a long way. Here's some of our favorite marketing tips and advice that are still relevant to your inbound marketing efforts today.
Marketing Advice from Industry Thought Leaders
1. "Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising." - Mark twain
2. "The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible." - David Ogilvy
3. "You're website is not an art project." - Rick Whittington of Rick Whittington Consulting
4. "The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself." - Peter F. Drucker
5. "Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time." - Henry Ford
6. "All marketers are liars, tell stories." - Seth Godin
7. "Time, energy, and talent can be more important than budget." - Scott Harrison
8. "You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club." - Jack London
9. "Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read." - Leo Burnett
10. "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby
11. "Don’t wait. The time will never be just right." - Napoleon Hill
12. "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about!" - Benjamin Franklin
13. "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
14. "The aim of marketing is to get customers to know, like and trust you." - Unknown
15. "We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in & be what people are interested in." - Craig Davis
16. "Give them quality. That’s the best kind of advertising." - Milton Hershey
17. "Stop selling. Start helping." - Zig Ziglar
18. "Tell a story. Make it true. Make it compelling. And make it relevant." - Rand Fishkin
19. "The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise." - Maya Angelou
20. "Be so good they can’t ignore you." - Steve Martin
21. "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible!" - Audrey Hepburn
22. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?" - Martin Luther King
23. "If it doesn't sell, it isn't creative." - David Ogilvy
24. "Creative without strategy is called 'art.' Creative with strategy is called 'advertising." - Jef I. Richards
Want to learn more about digital sales and marketing?
Master digital sales and marketing when you join IMPACT+ for FREE. Gain instant access to exclusive courses and keynotes taught by Marcus Sheridan, Brian Halligan, Liz Moorehead, Ann Handley, David Cancel, Carina Duffy, Zach Basner, and more.