"This Won't Work at My Company:" The IMPACT Show Ep.1 [Show Notes]
Pop the champagne and let’s celebrate!
In this inaugural episode of The IMPACT Show, Bob and Nick quickly shook off some tiny tech issues to talk IMPACT Live, industry changes that are keeping CMOs up at night, DigitalMarketer’s Value Journey Canvas, and our main topic for the day, the age-old excuse, “This won’t work at my company” and how to combat it.
Just in case you missed us live (or if you want to relive the magic), you’ll find the episode’s show notes below as well as the recording.
Enjoy and make sure to share with your peers!
Like what you saw? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and give us a review.
Have feedback? We’d love to hear it. Comment on this blog or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review us on iTunes: The first 5 people to review us will be entered to win a special prize. Once you review us, shoot us an email!
Meet Your Hosts:
Bob Ruffolo, Founder & CEO of IMPACT
Nick Salvatoriello, Inbound Marketing Strategist at IMPACT
Iris Hearn, Junior Inbound Marketing Consultant at IMPACT is monitoring your engagement on social and will be relaying any questions or comments at the end of the show.
Join us for IMPACT Live:
- Two-day event in Hartford, CT on August 1-2nd, 2017, with workshops on July 31st.
- This is invite-only so we can keep it an intimate group of experienced, dedicated marketing and sales leaders.
- Request your invitation here.
- Get an extra 25% off with the promocode: IMPACTSHOW
Customer Value Optimization (Value Journey Canvas)
- Digital Marketer and Ryan Deiss have updated the Customer Value Optimization (CVO) System with the Value Journey Canvas.
- Update is the “love child” of the CVO and the Inbound Marketing Methodology.
- Applies the 12 Stages of Human Intimacy to marketing to fill some of the gaps left in the conventional methodology.
- Read more about it here from IMPACT's Brie Rangel.
5 Industry Changes Keeping CMOs Up at Night
This article from Jami Oetting was originally published in 2014 by HubSpot, but more relevant than ever. Read it Here.
- Ever-evolving Job Description
- As the industry advances, what marketing and sales leaderships are responsible for does as well.
- There’s no perfect model for success and the tools and tactics are always changing.
- Someone in the organization needs to own marketing for them
- Need to strike a balance between your gut instinct about experience and the data
Main Topic: “This won’t work at my company”
People are seeing the success of others and are feeling frustrated that they’re not doing the same. Wondering what can they be doing to get there?
- 9 Things Growing Companies Do/Are:
- Hyper-focused on Customer Success
- They are Data-Driven
- They Work Their Leads Quickly
- Entire Sales Process is Measurable
- They’re Educational by Nature
- They’re KNOWN for Great Content
- There’s a face behind it, they have a relationship with those creating it.
- How Do You Get Started?
- Invest in understanding of audience
- Define and track kpis in real-time
- Have a process for getting data where it needs to be
- Everyone is following it!
- Make sure it’s accurate
- How the leads are managed
- Can get fast results but need to invest long-term
- It compounds
- Define Plan for Growth
- Get Your Team Aligned
- Everyone needs to believe in the vision to see results
- Start with WHY it’ll work, show them who has done it, ask questions, etc.
- Develop the systems and processes for your team to operate in
- Sayings & Rewards
- Use positive reinforcement to help make it a part of your culture
- Don’t Be Afraid to Make Talent Changes
- If you have people who won’t or can’t help you grow, they may not be right for their role.
- Consider Outside Help
- Hire a consultant, an agency who has experience with your challenge and can help you overcome it more quickly
Article: How I Got My Entire Team to Create Content (Without a Fight!)
“How to Turn Sales Team's into Raving Fans for Inbound” Session by Marcus Sheridan:
Book: The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge
Book: The 4 Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss
Broadcasting Tool: OBS
Email Us: email@example.com
- Make the mental shift! Ask yourself, “are you ready to accept that ‘this won’t work at my company’ is just a myth?”
- Check out the resources above.
- Get your tickets to IMPACT Live here! Save an extra 25% off with the promocode: IMPACTSHOW!
Join Us Next Week! Topic: Planning Vision for Growth
We'll be back again next Thursday, May 18th at 1:00 PM ET. Want to get reminded? Drop us your name and email address below and we’ll make sure you’re notified before the broadcast every Thursday!
Wondering where to begin?