The Day Inbound Was Redefined [#IMLive18 Day 1 Recap]
Yesterday, we kicked off IMPACT Live 2018 (our second annual conference) and I'm proud to say we came back (as the day's keynote speaker, Ann Handley would say) bigger, bolder, and braver.
With over 500 marketing and sales professionals registered, we gathered at Hartford's Infinity Hall to not only discuss the latest and greatest in inbound marketing, but most importantly, get a peek into where it is going.
In 2018, inbound is not just about marketing anymore.
Marcus Sheridan opened the event with an inspiring talk that empowered attendees to apply inbound principles to all aspects of their businesses with this in mind.
Way to kick off Day #1 of #IMPACTLive18 #IMLive18 #hartfordct #inbound #digitalmarketing #hubspot with @TheSalesLion @Impactbnd pic.twitter.com/zqNlLcqgAi— Heather Conley (@HCPhotogCT) August 7, 2018
He also unveiled the Inbound Manifesto, or the four main beliefs all inbound professionals share:
- Trust is the most important currency in business.
- There is power in community.
- There is always room for growth.
- By doing our best to make people and their organizations successful, we will:
- make the world a better place
- enrich the lives of those around us
- inspire others to pay it forward
- achieve long-term success for ourselves
These are the qualities that would guide the rest of the day, which included talks from:
- Bob Ruffolo, Founder & CEO, IMPACT
- Carina Duffy, IMPACT HubSpot Specialist
- Stephanie Casstevens, Director of Audience Engagement & Community
- Kyle Bento, Emerging Technology Specialist
- Kipp Bodnar, CMO of HubSpot
- Zachary Basner, Director of Video Training & Strategy
- Tyler Lessard, VP of Marketing at Vidyard
- Tom DiScipio, Chief Strategy Officer, IMPACT
- Kathleen Booth, VP of Marketing, IMPACT
- Franco Valentino, Founder of NarrativeSEO
- Justin Rondeau, Director of Marketing, DigitalMarketer
- Vin Gaeta, Head of Strategic Partnerships
- Christine Austin, Creative Lead
- Liz Murphy, Content Strategist
- Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer
Here are some of the highlights:
Who’s loving this year’s set up? Great production by @kylebento! #IMLive18 #marketing #hartfordhasit #impactbnd #inboundmarketing
A post shared by IMPACT (@impactbnd) on
Great #Marketing #Conference #IMLive18
A post shared by Paul Meijer (@buyfrompaul) on
.@carinagduffy is a rock star. LOVING her talk at #IMLive18.— Chris Bryant 🎥 #INBOUND18 speaker (@The_ChrisBryant) August 7, 2018
GIFs + video + puns x value = ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ pic.twitter.com/STMi4H9O7I
How would you answer this question: What does inbound mean to@you? #twitterworld ? #imlive18 @TheSalesLion @Impactbnd pic.twitter.com/42FDGGJsoP— Bella #imlive18 (@Bellas_Pets) August 7, 2018
By 2019, 80% of all content consumed online will be video. Preach, @marcussheridan1 #IMLIVE18 #video #contentmarketing
A post shared by Tim Washer (@timwasher) on
Love @stephcasstevens. So great to see her on stage here at #IMLive18! #bonus pic.twitter.com/ehEjM6gbEO— Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs) August 7, 2018
How many customers did we lose because we didn’t bridge the gap? #imlive18 @Impactbnd pic.twitter.com/zk09BSTVD7— Bella #imlive18 (@Bellas_Pets) August 7, 2018
“Make it easier for customers to be our best advocates” @kippbodnar CMO of @HubSpot speaking at @Impactbnd #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/aTPJK431tO— David Meerman Scott (@dmscott) August 7, 2018
“Talk to the camera like you would a person in a coffee shop. Answer the questions your sales team gets regularly.” @TheSalesLion #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/KusKEJCGEK— Gabriela Arias (@Gabsica) August 7, 2018
APP method . #IMLive18 #VideoMarketing pic.twitter.com/J1lzTBpcfC— Scott Sweeney (@scotttsweeney) August 7, 2018
“Video is your best tool to create authenticity, build a relationship.” @tylerlessard #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/UQBv3F5pw2— Gabriela Arias (@Gabsica) August 7, 2018
Only 24% of sales emails are opened. Video emails w/ calendar booking link can help. @Impactbnd #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/ZIKpguphdx— Catherine Ostheimer (@CathOstheimer) August 7, 2018
"THIS is a media site. It's all content all the time aimed at solving for you." -@WorkMommyWork #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/jkcgrryogI— Stephanie Casstevens (@stephcasstevens) August 7, 2018
As an SEO nerd, I'm ridiculously excited to hear what @francovalentino has to say. 😍 #imlive18 pic.twitter.com/fhaBl0nN58— Devon Hicks (@BlackMambaaa42) August 7, 2018
Learning simple steps on binary segmentation, thanks @Jtrondeau! @Impactbnd #IMLive18 pic.twitter.com/wiqEHIASDD— Catherine Ostheimer (@CathOstheimer) August 7, 2018
Wondering where to begin?